Special Needs Advocates Get
Call Us: (858) 485-7500
Services We Provide
CASE MANAGEMENT/PARENT COACHING SERVICES
When you retain an Advocacy Associates Inc, Case Manager/Advocate, though, your worry about navigating the system is removed and that responsibility is taken off your shoulders. The consultant assigned to your child will coordinate matters and concerns with school personnel and relevant private providers, such as psychologists and pediatricians.
Through Advocacy Associates Inc, Case Management/Advocacy Services, we schedule school and other meetings at your request with all required parties and collaborate with agency and private practice personnel involved with your child. We facilitate ongoing communication. We request records on your behalf and help interpret assessment and other data contained in these records. We attend meetings with you when requested. We provide you with an in-depth explanation of your child's school records, 504 or Individualized Education Plan and other related documents. We monitor your child's progress in school through communication with staff and with your private providers. In summary, we allow you to be the parent, not the service coordinator, and to focus on your child's social /emotional needs rather than time-consuming Case Management responsibilities.
AUTISM CONSULTATION SERVICES
• Referrals to specialized assessors.
• Referrals to private agencies for ABA, Speech-Language, OT and other therapies for Autistic Spectrum children (ASD Disorder).
• Assistance with applying for services to Regional Center, IHSS, SSI programs, and MEDI-CAL. We attend meetings and hearings with these agencies with you to help maintain regular services and do routine paperwork maintenance.
• A review of your child's previous evaluations to determine if appropriate assessment and identification has been completed.
• A review of your child's IEP/IPP to determine if appropriate services have been provided and if these services have been effective in promoting progress.
• Assistance in identifying and accessing services available in your community.
• Facilitating coordination between your private providers and school providers to maximize the effectiveness of therapies
• Attendance at IEP/IPP meetings to advocate for your child and help give you and effective voice in the proceedings.
• Participation in all aspects of implementation and monitoring of the IEP/IPP to ensure a FAPE is being provided.
• Consultation with school staff and outside providers to ensure understanding of your child’s unique needs.
Advocacy Associates, Inc. can help you identify and prioritize your child’s unique and special needs and will ensure you can access services available through private agencies, San Diego County, and the public schools.
SCHOOL PLACEMENT SERVICES
When your child is not achieving adequate success in school, we know how to quickly and efficiently intervene to assess what the problem is and either suggest some swift adjustments to the current program or work with you to find another, more suitable school option. We are highly familiar with local, California and Nationally accredited day and residential programs which are clinically and educationally staffed with the highest quality professionals. We have worked in the school placement field since 1979 and have visited and placed students for over 30 years. We have memberships to professional organizations such as the National Association of Therapeutic School and Programs (NATSAP) and Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA) which have high standards for both their members and their organizational expectations. In addition, we are familar with the CAPSES school in San Diego County and California and the standards required to maintain membership in this organization.
We work with you and your local school district and medical insurance company to explore sources of funding for these placements, if they cannot easily be covered by you financially. We often visit students while they are in placement, sometimes at our own expense, in order to help understand the progress of treatment and so we might be able to better participate in the IEP process.
Please remember : SCHOOL FAILURE IS RELATIVE, NOT ABSOLUTE. You do not need to see F's on a report card to know something is wrong at school. Please trust your instincts and consider getting a second opinion about how things are going in your child's life before it is "too late." It is almost impossible for a parent alone to make a lasting change in a child's experience in school without enlisting the school effectively!
Sometimes the School Find Consultant will not need to change placement at all. However, a realistic discussion of the problems a child is facing with the school administration can often help staff understand why significant changes urgently need to be made. This can ensure cooperation and make the measures taken even more successful.
We then consult with you and recommend placement options.